The project aims to develop new monitoring, control and communication systems and technologies to provide higher safety levels in operations and to provide new supportive tools for traffic management, leading to an intelligent, predictive and adaptive monitoring of train circulation with a view to:
- Energy saving and increased efficiency in operation;
- Minimise the impact of circulation disruptions;
- Greater safety and protection.
Actions within this project will enable a quicker and extended implementation of advanced systems for traffic management and monitoring, fitted with optimized functionalities and interfaces, that make migration of legacy systems easier, cut global operation costs and meet the various needs of an intelligent, multimodal, mobility system.
Key actions of the project:
- To review new methods of active protection of both vehicles and travellers;
- To develop solutions for safe and efficient data transmission and geotracking;
- To develop new traffic control display platforms;
- To develop new support systems for train drivers;
- To develop ERTMS systems or other Open ETCS compatible systems